Create a new category here.
Add Category Tab
- Name: Name of your product category.
- Parent: Click on Edit to open the Category Modal. Here you can assign a parent category. For example a parent category might be "Lights" and children categories could be "Fluorescent", "Halogen", or "LED".
- Slug: Give your category a Slug for SEO. A slug is the part of the URL that uniquely identifies a page and it's in a format that is easily readable by both users and search engines.
- Avatax Code: If you are using Avatax for sales tax calculation a certain category might be taxed differently. For example food items can be taxable in some states and not in others. Learn more about Avalara here, https://www.avalara.com/
- UNSPSC: United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC). You can align your categories with the standards for UNSPSC. UNSPSC is often required to integrate with large ERP systems or marketplaces like Ariba. Learn more about UNSPSC here, https://www.unspsc.org/.
- Image/Icon: Give your category an image to visually define it.
- Click on the Browse image button to add an image to your category. VendorFuel uses the WordPress Media Library to add images. You can drag and drop an image which will upload it to the media library or you can search existing images by clicking on the Media Library tab.
Click on the Add Products button to open the products modal. Here you can search for and select products to add to this category.
Click on the Add Category Button to save your new category.