Add a customer's information here.
Go to Customers > Customer Accounts > Add Customer. Here you will be able to add customers one by one. Required fields will be outlined in red.
- Status (Required): Status has three drop down options.
- Active: This is an active customer.
- Inactive: This can be set for any customer to temporarily or permanently remove their login access without deleting their account.
- Unverified: This status can be set if proof or verification is required to create an account on your site. For example providing a drivers license to confirm age or a copy of a another type of license for proof you can purchase these products.
- Name (Required): Enter the full name (first and last) of the customer here.
- Email (Required): Enter the end users email here. This will be the end users login name.
- Company: Enter the end-users company name or other association here.
- Price Sheet (Required): Pick a price sheet to add your new customer to. They will be added to the Default price sheet by default but you can add them to another price sheet if you have created one here.
- Terms: Enter the payment terms for this customer here. This is an open field but most accounting systems accept things like Net 30 or N30 or Credit Card or CC for example.
- Order Prefix: This is another open field where you can add a specific alpha or numeric or both prefix to the order ID's for this customer. For example say you sell to a company with multiple users called the XYZ company. You can put XYX in this field and do the same for all users you setup from the XYZ company. This will allow you to sort, report, etc using the prefix as a unique field.
- Password (Required): Set a password for this user.
- Conf. Password (Required): Confirm the password you set for this user.
- Force Password: This flag is set as a default when you create a new customer. With this flag on a customer will be forced to change their password at next login.
- Punchout Only: When you set this field another tab will appear to the right along with Group, Punchout, Checkout. By selecting this tab a customer can ONLY punchout to another catalog (like Ariba). They will not be able to shop items in your catalog. They will however be able to checkout, save carts, review order history, etc. Punchout means the items themselves will be coming from another partner's or hosted catalog site. Punchout does require specific vendor integrations to achieve. Please contact customer support, [email protected] , for more information.
Once you have completed at minimum the required fields click on the "Add Customer" button. This will create the new user account. You can then edit as needed.
You will see two sub-tabs (three if you have selected the Punchout Only Flag) on the header tab Add Customer. They are Group, Punchout (if Punchout Only selected), and Checkout. Here is how each works.
- Group: Click on the Change Group button and use the Group Modal to select and add this customer to a group.
- Punchout: If you are not familiar with punchout please contact us, [email protected], for more information. The fields on this tab are required to correctly create and route a cxml punchout session.
- Punchout ID: This is usually an account number or other unique ID that routes the session to the correct account on your vendors side.
- Shared Secret: This is a shared password used to authenticate the session between you and your vendor.
- Price Avail. Flag: If this is on a shopping cart will be verified for price and availability via a price availability punchout check. This allows your end user to stay on your site without having to go back and forth to your vendors site to verify current price and availability.
- Checkout: This tab allows you to set custom checkout fields to personalize the checkout experience for a customer.
- Limit Type: Set a spending limit (None, monthly, quarterly, flat) to put a cap on spend for this customer.
- Limit: Enter a $ amount for the limit type you selected. If you select None for Limit Type this field "Limit" will not appear.
- AvaTax Code: If you are using Avatax for sales tax calculation you can enter the customers Avatax code here.
- Credit Line Flag: Select this flag if you would like to offer this customer payment terms (invoicing). Otherwise a credit card will be required to checkout.
- Taxable: Set this flag if this customer's sales tax should be calculated at checkout. Turn it off if this customer is sales tax exempt (ie state, local, and federal government customers).
- Lock Billing: Set this flag if you do not want a customer to be able to add or change their billing address. This is most commonly used for larger purchasing organizations that have centralized billing.
- Lock Shipping: Set this flag if you do not want a customer to be able to add or change a shipping location. This is most commonly used for larger purchasing organizations that do not want shipment being sent to unapproved locations.
- Require Cost Center: Set this flag to force a customer to enter a cost center at checkout. This is most commonly used for larger purchasing organizations that require a cost center or other billing code for proper invoice/bill routing.
- Payments: Turn this flag on to give a customer access to all payment types (credit card, paypal, credit line, etc.).